Re: [Evolution] Where Sent replies gets filed

George Reeke wrote:
Long ago, in the days of bitnet, we had a mail client that filed
sent replies in the same folder where the email it was a reply to
was filed (in those days it was taken directly from the From
address, now it would need to involve a mailing list lookup with
a default to "Sent" if not found there).  I loved that, but no
mail client I have used since SMTP came in could do that.

MH and friends (EXMH) etc.) can do it.

Is there already a way to set that up with Evo that someone could
point me to?  If not, are there others who would like such a thing?
If so, I will file a request for a new feature.

You can *kinda* get the effect using virtual folders. You set up a vfolder with all mail to and from a given person. I do it for a small number of frequent correspondents, but it would be nice if it were more automatic.

I guess you could also mess around with outgoing filters, but I've no experience of them. It would still be fairly cumbersome to set up IMHO.

poc