Re: [Evolution] Re: D-bus error signals

Hi, I forgot to include:

I am using Evolution 2.2.3 on Gnome 10 and Fedora Core 4. My mail is
through rogers.com POP3 with two accounts.

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 09:38 -0500, William Case wrote:
Hi;

I have been trying to get two different users (bill and billl) to access
the same evolution data for over a year now.  I finally got something
kinda working.  Used it for a month, then dbus was added to FC4.  Now I
get the following error messages:

For Your Information:  bill is my normal account name that I use for
play, learning etc.  It has icons spread all over it.  Its messy and I
like it that way.  billl is my work or project account name on the same
computer.  For real work, I like to work clean with as few unused icons
and launchers as possible.  I only want to share Evolution and its PIM
between the two accounts.  I understand the security questions, but I am
at home and I wrap the two accounts in security as if they were one.

I have added the above paragraph because people always ask why I want to
do this.  Surely other people do more than one job on a single computer
and want different user setups.

Warning:
 ** (evolution:2889): WARNING **: Owner of /tmp/orb it-billl is not the
current user

<[ the evolution data I want to access from user billl is in
user /home/bill/evolution ]>

** (evolution:2889): WARNING **: Owner of /tmp/orb it-billl is not the
current user

(evolution:2889): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connec ting to session
manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the auth entication protocols
specified are supported and h ost-based authentication failed.

(evolution:2889): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate  theme engine in
module_path: "redmond95",

<[ Don't know why Gtk is looking for "redmond95" theme; bill uses "grand
canyon" theme; billl uses "simple" theme ]>

(evolution:2889): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate  theme engine in
module_path: "redmond95",
es menu class init
adding hook target 'source'

Failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon: No reply within specified time
4943: arguments to dbus_connection_get_data() were  incorrect, assertion
"connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 4478.
This is normally a bug in some application using t he D-BUS library.
4943: arguments to dbus_connection_set_data() were  incorrect, assertion
"connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 4442.
This is normally a bug in some application using t he D-BUS library.

** ERROR **: Not enough memory to set up DBusConnection for use with
GLib
aborting...

** (gnome_segv:2932): WARNING **: Owner of /tmp/or bit-billl is not the
current user

(gnome_segv:2932): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locat e theme engine in
module_path: "redmond95",

(gnome_segv:2932): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locat e theme engine in
module_path: "redmond95",

** (bug-buddy:2933): WARNING **: Owner of /tmp/orb it-billl is not the
current user

From user billl, I use gdmflexiserver to switch to bill and open
evolution, then Ctrl-Alt-F7 back to billl.  While in billl if I wanted
to read my email or add to the PIM data I would sudo bill and run
evolution & through a script.  It used to work before dbus.

I have googled and 'man -ed' for dbus and dbus-launch.  What little is
available is very confusing and not very helpful.

Using one evolution with two users is something I really want.  If
anyone can give me a hand, their help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards Bill