Re: [Evolution] Problem with junk and spam filters

hi dennis,

Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2005, 15:41 -0600 schrieb Dennis Myhand:
Is there a special trick to getting the filters to work?  They do not
seem to work at all on my Ubuntu 5.10 system.  If I make a filter that
is supposed to check the subject for breaking news in the subject line I
still get e-mail with breaking news in the subject line.  Under setting
I have checked both "Check incoming mail for junk," and "Include remote
tests."  Evolution is 2.4.1.  Thanks, Dennis

either you use message filters to move messages to other folders than
inbox (which has nothing to do with spam filtering at all, so please
tell us the action of the filter rule you have set up) or you want to
use the built-in spam filter.
for the latter one, make sure that SpamAssassin is installed on your
system and that the sa-plugin is enabled (see "Edit | Plugins").
also, SpamAssassin needs at least 200 messages marked as spam or ham to
kick in, so you have to train your filter.

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!