Re: [Evolution] migration to evolution 2.4.1

hi rafael,

Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2005, 15:43 +0100 schrieb Rafael Bujotzek:
I installed a brand new ubuntu with evolution 2.4.1.
Before that I used evolution 2.2.?.

so i assume that it's a different system and that the old evolution-2.2
data folder ($HOME/.evolution) is not still on the evolution-2.4
computer?

I saved my home-directory to a seperate disk. But now the filestructure in
2.4.1 seems to be different and the new evolution can't import my mail.

the file structure has not changed between 2.2.x and 2.4.x, it's exactly
the same afaik. what does "import" mean? evolution just has nothing to
automatically import because there has not changed anything. what "seems
to be different"?

Is there a migration-trick like the one with version 2?

please tell us exactly what you did already. normally you just copy your
".evolution" folder to the new computer, the folder
".gconf/evolution" (it contains your settings) and the folder
".gnome2_private" (it contains the passwords). did you already start the
new evolution? sigh...

cheers,
andre

--