[Evolution] Re: Evolution window title

From: guenther <guenther rudersport de>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Re:  Evolution window title

Thanks. Yeah, I was using 1.4. I really liked 1.4. 2.4
is a strange new creature that kind of sort of does
the job for me.

Rest assured, I had some hard times switching to 2.0, too. Got used to
it pretty quickly though, and really do love the new UI since. :)

Wow. I kind of gather from what I read that it was the
gnome component that changed.

I was more or less expecting a response of "well,
dummy, that's what the so and so component or applet
is for..."

Haha, dude, you can have that. :)

There are a lot of mail notification thingies out there, either living
in your Tray [1], on the Panel or in a separate app. Whatever you
prefer. Lot's of them have the ability to monitor way more than one
accounts Inbox only, some can monitor arbitrary (remote) folders and
they show the unread count permanently, even while Evo is not running.
Pick one. :-)

...guenther

I seem to recall that the last time I played with gnome, years ago, I
was able to right click and 'Add to Panel' and such a gizmo was listed
as a choice. Now I am giving gnome another try, but Ubuntu doesn't seem
to have such a gizmo available where I can find it. And looking in
synaptic, nothing really strikes me as being what I want, or too vague a
description to tell, and while not nearly as bad as a certain OS coming
out of Redmond, trying package after trying to find the one I like can
mess of the system. Oh well.

Yeah, I probably will either grow to like the current evo way, or just
plain forget why I thought the old way was better...

But anyway, what I am looking for is some kind of notification that
email has arrived, but not just any email -- evo does do that annoying
ping sound and I sometimes am in a quiet enough environment to even hear
it, but rather that evo's filter have put the mail in the folder that I
actually do want to know about.

Can you recommend a gizmo or evo option that will let me know that
without eating too much screen real estate?

Thanks,
David