Re: [Evolution] Compiling Evo

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 15:26 -0700, Peter B. Steiger wrote:
On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 17:47 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I recommend you install in a separate tree (e.g. /opt/evolution), so you
can have both versions in case of trouble. RPM will not remove
your .evolution directory.

Speaking of which, I would *strongly* recommend backing up your
whole .evolution tree before testing any new versions, if you have
umpteen years of archived email and address books you want to keep.
This latest problem with the amazing disappearing/reappearing address
book entries has made me much less lazy than I used to be about making
full backups on a regular basis!

I haven't personally had trouble because of version changes (I only use
Evo for email, nearly all of it kept permanently on an IMAP server) but
this is probably good advice all the same.

poc