Re: [Evolution] smtp server config

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 02:45 -0800, Greg Tassone wrote:
On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 21:46 +0800, Lynda Metref wrote:
Hi everyone!

I use evolution on my laptop (Ubuntu breezy)

Which version of Evolution is that?

and I want to send email from
my work and also from home. The point is that I cannot use the same smtp
server at the two places. I have several email account configured, and I
send mails from all account in the two place (work and home).

Now I need to change manually the smtp server almost each time I want to
send an email... it's a little bit annoying...

At least in the 2.2 series of Evolution (which is what I'm using), my
suggestion is to create multiple accounts/configurations for each of the
affected accounts -- e.g., one for work and one for home for each
address.  Use the same E-mail address on both, but only one of them
needs to be configured for incoming mail.  Set each to their respective
outgoing settings (SMTP server, etc.).  Give each of them a good
descriptive name.  Then just pick one or the other at the top of each
E-mail message depending on whether you're at home or at work.

This is the key.  The "pick one" means that in your Compose window,
the From line is actually a drop-down list, if you have multiple
mail accounts defined.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
General George S. Patton