Re: [Evolution] smtp server config

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 21:46 +0800, Lynda Metref wrote:
Hi everyone!

I use evolution on my laptop (Ubuntu breezy)

Which version of Evolution is that?

and I want to send email from
my work and also from home. The point is that I cannot use the same smtp
server at the two places. I have several email account configured, and I
send mails from all account in the two place (work and home).

Now I need to change manually the smtp server almost each time I want to
send an email... it's a little bit annoying...

At least in the 2.2 series of Evolution (which is what I'm using), my
suggestion is to create multiple accounts/configurations for each of the
affected accounts -- e.g., one for work and one for home for each
address.  Use the same E-mail address on both, but only one of them
needs to be configured for incoming mail.  Set each to their respective
outgoing settings (SMTP server, etc.).  Give each of them a good
descriptive name.  Then just pick one or the other at the top of each
E-mail message depending on whether you're at home or at work.

Is there a way to configure
several smtp server for all accounts at the same time

Not that I know of.

(the smtp server
should depend on your Internet config not on your email identity)?

Not necessarily.  There are many cases where each identity may require
different outgoing mail settings (SMTP and otherwise).

Greg