Re: [Evolution] Recover IMAP email from local copy

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 11:02 -0500, Bob Cataldo - rCataldo mfvexpo com
wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: ev trauco neverbox com
To: evolution-list gnome org
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 18:15:42 -0500
Subject: [Evolution] Recover IMAP email from local copy

Hi All,

I accidentally deleted all my email from one of my IMAP accounts.
However, I've always have a local copy of my email and happen to have
one from a few weeks ago, which I'd like to import back.

So I have an old .evolution folder with the local copies
under .evolutoin/mail/imap etc etc. I've tried to import single files
using the 'import' function, but it doesn't work. Does anybody know how
to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Carlos

Carlos,
What I did when I needed to restore mail from my local account to my imap
server was using copy and paste.

My mail has a local inbox. I hi-lited all the mail in my local inbox, and
selected copy. I then opened the inbox for my imap mail and selected paste.

That worked for me.

Bob

Hi Bob,

This problem is slightly different, I think. I deleted all my IMAP email
from the server (which automatically deletes it from the local copy).
The thing is how to read the email from a backup copy I have of
the .evolution folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carlos