Re: [Evolution] disable background color and image on message

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 16:35 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 22:18 +0100, guenther wrote:

AFAIK there is no way to do so using Evo 2.0.x. Since Evo 2.2 there is a
"prefer plain text" plugin, that probably comes close -- but loses any
other HTML formatting as well. HTH

be aware that enabling that plugin breaks the ability to receive meeting
requests. the plugin was experimental and therefore has been removed in
2.4.x.

Oh, it has? Thanks, news to me.

It's a shame IMHO, cause this plugin solved a pretty common request to
display the text/plain part of a mail, rather than the HTML one.

...guenther

Wow, you're the first person I have seen to admit there was any want for
this functionality!! Apart from me of course!  Am I so outdated and out
numbered that I'm the only one with a CLUE (command line user
interface ;) who _wants_ to send and receive text only emails?

Me too. In 20 years or so of email use I have *never* (literally, not
once, ever) knowingly sent an HTML message, and I prefer to not to
receive them. If you can't say it with text (allowing for tricks like **
for emphasis :-) you either send an attachment or point to a Web page.

Of course you have to be *able* to receive them because of the
increasing number of clueless out there, but I prefer to turn it off.

Or do
all the "text only" emailers just stay away from evolution?

IMHO the plugin should still be included, but disabled by default, in
2.4...

I'll drink to that :-)

poc