Re: [Evolution] Pilot synch

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 20:54 +0000, Andrew Greig  wrote:

[snip]
2) Run "gpilotd" from a terminal.  This way you can see debug
messages
on the screen.

I typed gpilotd<TAB> here is the output
[andrew localhost ~]$ gpilotd
gpilotd-control-applet   gpilotd-session-wrapper

There is no plain "gpilotd" to run so I went with
gpilotd-control-applet

gpilotd is normally not installed in any of the "bin" directories.  You
can find it either in "<gnome-prefix>/lib/gnome-pilot/" or
"<gnome-prefix>/libexec/" or just a locate will find it for you.

[snip]
I checked the ownership attributes of my address data file in
.evolution
and it was set to andrew:andrew which should be fine as my user and
group number are 501.  But should I change it to 501:501 ?

You don't have to actually change the ownership etc.

As per your first mail, you have mentioned that you are using /dev/pilot
as your pilot device and that it points to /dev/ttyS0.

The device node actually gets created at the time of hotsync.  So, I am
not sure whether hardcoding ownerships etc will help.

Does pilot-xfer command works for you on /dev/pilot?

Also, run "gpilotd" from shell and mail us with the "screen dump".

HTH,

V. Varadhan