Re: [Evolution] Pilot synch

Hi Andrew, Martin,

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 23:44 +0000, algreig bigpond net au wrote:
Thanks Martin,

That has been my experience for some years now, too.  What I find
difficult to comprehend, is that in this whole open source thing, that
the gnome/evolution developers have not used the jpilot sync code,
because it works really well, every time.
I haven't tried JPilot, though, gpilot isn't bad as well.  I have got my
palm syncing all the time, with evolution+gpilot.

 My problem is that in my
tiredness and frustration I screwed up in jpilot and did not choose
"restore handheld" but merely synchronised and my empty pilot blitzed
my
desktop data in jpilot.  Now I need to get my data back from evo onto
the pilot.  It would be nice if there were a way to export the address
data from evo to jpilot, and then at least I could start using my
pilot
again.

From your original mail, it looks like something goes wrong when trying
to create a backup.

Would you mind trying the following?

1) Kill any running "gpilotd" instance.
2) Run "gpilotd" from a terminal.  This way you can see debug messages
on the screen.
3) Configure EAddress conduit the way you want and make sure you don't
have other non-evolution conduits enabled for syncing.  This is to
narrow down the issue.
4) Mail us the result with the screen dump. (of gpilotd).
5) (Note:- Exchange addressbook/calendar syncing has some issues that we
are trying to resolve, so, use some other addressbook for this testing).

HTH,

V. Varadhan