[Evolution] Re: mailsync questions/request

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, David Ronis wrote:

[instead of writing me directly - could you instead write to the mailsync
 mailing list?]

I've been using mailsync-5.2.1 to keep my mail folders on my laptop and
desktop in sync.  It's been working perfectly and plays an important
role in my work.  Unfortunately, I've had to switch to evolution as my
mail client (I used vm under emacs before) and have had trouble keeping
things in sync.  From what I can tell, evolution uses a standard unix
mailbox format and mailsync DOES sync the files properly; the problem is
that various index files under evolution aren't synced which causes
evolution to complain when it's run (e.g., it says it can't save the
mail folder even "after a sync", whatever that means).

I've found that running a program called multisync (from opensync)
somehow restores the indices, even though it DOESN'T sync the mail
folders.

Any idea what/how to rebuild evolution's indices (if indeed that is the
problem);

No, I don't.

2) if so, could this be automated into mailsync?

Finally, on an different topic, a feature request.  My mail files are
huge and I compress them with bzip2.  Any chance that you could add
compressed read/write support into mailsync?

I think these two points are best addressed by a script. Just wrap a few line around mailsync that:

* call multisync, since that seems to help
* unzip the mailfolder, call mailsync, and rezip it

Greets,
*t

  Tomas Pospisek
  http://sourcepole.com -  Linux & Open Source Solutions