[Evolution] Evolution / connector going away?

I saw this :-

As for the other open-source projects, Mancusi-Ungaro said, "I don't know of any Hula [an open-source e-mail server project] cuts. There have been minimal cuts in Mono [an open-source implementation of Microsoft's .Net], and none of those cuts were in developers."

As for the Evolution e-mail client, "this is a stable, mature product, so we are redeploying its developers to other more strategic projects."

Evolution may be stable and mature, but connector is neither.  What does this imply for the future of connector?

Full text is here......