Re: [Evolution] Question reguarding spam filtering

I have setup a MySQL server and tables to handle bayesian hashes with
spamassassin on my mail server is there a way to have evolution use
either spamassassin or access the tables directly to learn what I
consider Ham/Spam?

No, Evolution just flags the messages to be junk/non-junk based upon the
results of spam-assasin filtering. In other words it just triggers
spamasssasin to check/mark junk mails and hides/unhides them from folder
view. It by itself can't do any junk processing.

Is there a way for me to have evolution when it marks them mark them
through spamassassin, so that it learns my ham/spam list?

It does already.

All mails that are tested for junk by Evo are processed by SA. SA by
default learns mails as ham or spam based on a threshold value (see SA
configuration). As the threshold usually is more extreme than the 5
point necessary for being marked as spam, not all mails are learned
automatically. Again, this is a SA only setting, as SA learns the mails.

Any (false classified) mail that gets marked manually for ham ("non
junk" in Evo terms) or spam  ("junk") will be learned by SA. Evo calls
'sa-learn' always when marking manually.

Again, this is with SA running on the local client. I don't know the
details about your actual setup and the mail server...

...guenther