Re: [Evolution] Automatic Evolution Setup

Sam,

Do not go this route. I got it working but it was a mess and the gconfd
gave me a bunch of trouble. The right way to do this is to write up a
script that executes all the needed gconftool commands(as the user) to
recreate these configs.

The best advice I can offer is to READ THESE:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/latest/ch01.html

Especially the second one. You really need to understand how gconf is
laid out. Learn to manipulate the gconf settings using the gconftool-2
command. Do not edit the gconf files directly. If you do, especially in
regard to evolution, things typically won't work because gconfd caches
old values, and it wasn't aware that you changed them.

Good luck,
Brett