Re: [Evolution] GroupWise connection

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 18:54 +0530, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 08:00 -0500, Steve Lobach wrote:
Oh.. I guess I am barking up the wrong tree then.. thanks for your
help.

"Des Dougan" <des DouganConsulting com> 03/16/05 2:11 AM >>>
On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 09:20 +0530, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 10:23 -0500, Steve Lobach wrote:
Hello all, I have been googling around and cannot find what I am
looking
for.. I need help connecting to GroupWise.  I think I have it
configured
correctly but it sits there saying loading when I open evolution
then I
get a time out message.

configuration says:
SeverType = Novell GroupWise
Host: ip address:1677   (I guessed at this because that is the port
my
GroupWise client connects to the post office. If I don't include
that
port it immediately errors out with a refused connection)

How are you connecting to the server - using an IMAP or a Groupwise
account ?

Groupwise protocol (SOAP) does not use 1677. ask your administrator
for
the correct port - the default is 7191. And what is evo version that
you
are using ?

The GroupWise connection works only on GroupWise for Linux - it will
not
work connecting to GW on NetWare.

Des

Des,
  One *can* connect to Groupwise servers (with the SOAP interface
enabled) via Evolution-GW connector, regardless of whether it runs on
NetWare, Linux or any other supported platform, AFAIK.

I did not understand what you mean by - "it will not work connecting to
GW on NetWare". could you please clarify ?

I tried to connect to GW on NetWare (GW 6.5) last year (there should be
messages in the archive) and was told here that it was supported only on
the Linux version. So I've been waiting for my team at work to bring GW
up under Linux (likely this summer) so that I could try it, and
hopefully migrate my work desktop permanently to Linux.

Can you expand on what you mean about the SOAP interface - is this a GW
server option?

Thanks,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support