Re: [Evolution] GroupWise connection

Hi Des,

I have made the same question at the Novell Evolution newsgroup (thread named 'Evolution 2.0.3 (& 2.1.32) and NW Groupwise 6.5.3 calendar'. 19/01/05) @ support-forums.novell.com.
Shortly, Evolution could connect to the Netware GW server but this is not officially supported until the next version (SEQUOIA).
The version of Evolution is important too: Evo 2.1.32 doesn't connect, so you have to use the 2.0.3 (2.0.4?) version.
Does the actual version work???

Philippe Delval

Here is the Danita Zanre answer: (Please read the complete original thread)

>I'm trying to connect Evolution (on Suse 9.2) to my Netware Groupwise
>server.

Right now, other than accessing email through IMAP, the Evolution to
GroupWise connection is a "development" tool.  If you want to use it, you
are welcome, but of course it is not yet supported, and there won't be any
real "new" development beyond what we have right now until the next
version of GroupWise (Sequoia).  So, that said, here's what you need:

1.  Evolution snapshot client found here:
ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/evolution-snapshot/suse-92-i586/ - if you have
Red Carpet running on your 9.2 PC, just add http://red-carpet-ximian.com
as a service and get the "snapshot" channel.

2.  GroupWise 6.5.3 POA.

3.  If you have enabled "SOAP" in ConsoleOne for this Post Office, disable
it again.

4.  If the GWIA and POA are on the same server, you must disable IMAP on
the GWIA if you want to use IMAP on the POA.

5.  Add /DEVSOAP-ENABLE in your POA startup file, and make sure you do not
have a /soap-enable line in the POA.

In other words, the "SOAP" stuff that is in the 6.5.3 standard settings
has been overridden by the DEVSOAP stuff.

Once you have that setup, you should be able to get calendar and address
book - calendar might be VERY SLOW if it is large.

Do not take what you see in this version as to be the "standard" by which
to measure what is coming <g>.  I use it some - depends on my mood - I
bounce back and forth between the XPlat client and Evolution just to see
what I think either or both of them need for reporting purposes.

--
Danita Zanre
Novell Support Forums Volunteer

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 18:54 +0530, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
>On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 08:00 -0500, Steve Lobach wrote:
>>Oh.. I guess I am barking up the wrong tree then.. thanks for your
>>help.

>>looking
>>configured
>>then I

>>my
>>that
>>>
>>>How are you connecting to the server - using an IMAP or a Groupwise
>>>account ?
>>>
>>>Groupwise protocol (SOAP) does not use 1677. ask your administrator
>>for
>>>the correct port - the default is 7191. And what is evo version that
>>you
>>>are using ?
>>
>>The GroupWise connection works only on GroupWise for Linux - it will
>>not
>>work connecting to GW on NetWare.
>>
>>Des
>>
>Des,
>  One *can* connect to Groupwise servers (with the SOAP interface
>enabled) via Evolution-GW connector, regardless of whether it runs on
>NetWare, Linux or any other supported platform, AFAIK.
>
>I did not understand what you mean by - "it will not work connecting to
>GW on NetWare". could you please clarify ?

I tried to connect to GW on NetWare (GW 6.5) last year (there should be
messages in the archive) and was told here that it was supported only on
the Linux version. So I've been waiting for my team at work to bring GW
up under Linux (likely this summer) so that I could try it, and
hopefully migrate my work desktop permanently to Linux.

Can you expand on what you mean about the SOAP interface - is this a GW
server option?

Thanks,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

       www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support

evolution maillist  -  evolution lists ximian com