Re: [Evolution] calendar scrolling - bug? or user error?

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 12:09 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 09:49 +1100, Christopher Thom wrote:
hi,
Since recently upgrading to evolution 2.0.4 from v1.4, I've noticed a very
annoying "feature" in the calendar.  Whilst looking at the month view, the
calendar seems locked to displaying the entire month.  Thus, when I scroll
(clicking the arrows, or using the mouse wheel), it seems to scroll in
week increments, but doesn't re-display until enough of these increments
have accumulated to get to the following month.  Then it changes.

This makes the scrolling too coarse and unpredictable and *incredibly*
annoying! It's a sufficiently large problem as to make me downgrade...but
it seems so simple.

It has bigger implications if I want to look at an event that runs, say,
from the middle of one month to the middle of the next (e.g. some travel)
- I can't see the full extent of the event at the same time. Frustrating!

In the old version, it just scrolled the 6-week "month" view in week-long
increments.

Is this a bug (if so, where do I report it?)? or is it a "feature"? Or am
I just being very stupid? :)

seems a bug yeah, please file a bug to http://bugzilla.ximian.com

I wish the calendar scrolling would just go away alltogether.  I don't
like having each month be alternating colors. The darker color makes the
month look "less important" than the white color.  ie: when I'm viewing
a "dark" month,  the days in white stick out more than the dark ones,
and are therefore more distracting.

The best way, IMHO, Is to scroll month-by-month and display the current
month in white, and any days outside the current month are darker... It
would also be nice to display name of the current month in bold at the
top of the window, or somewhere where it makes it obvious what month I'm
viewing...