Re: [Evolution] Calendar: changing time zones of all appointments?

Quoth Viktor Stansvik:

The question:
Yesterday I added my class schedule for school to the calendar of
Evolution, but today I realized that the time zone set for all
"appointments" was wrong (it was set to UTC while I'm GMT+1). So now I
wonder, is there some clever way to change the timezone of all the
appointments in a certain calendar, or do I have to do i all by hand
(that would mean a lot of clicks)?

yup. In fact, I did this just a few days ago. Quit evolution and shut down
the data server, using
evolution --force-shutdown

Now find the correct calendar in
$HOME/.evolution/calendar/local/<something>

on my system, they're a seemingly random string of numbers.  If it's a
newly created calendar, ls -lrt will show you the latest one.

In that directory, edit the calendar.ics file, which is an XML file.
Replace en masse the incorrect timezone with the correct one with sed,
your favourite editor etc.  In emacs you can use M-x replace-string - sed
will be more flexible.

Now restart evolution and you should be fine.

cheers
chris
|  TELESCOPE, n.                                                        |
|  A device having a relation to the eye similar to that of the         |
|  telephone to the ear, enabling distant objects to plague us with a   |
|  multitude of needless details. Luckily it is unprovided with a bell  |
|  summoning us to the sacrifice.                                       |
|                 -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"           |