[Evolution] On use of Junk button when Evolution settings say no?

I just noticed today that when I pressed the Junk button while reading
an email, thinking that this button would move the email to Trash, that
it was moved to a folder called Junk.

Then within that folder I could press the Not Junk button and cause the
email to move back to where it was.

What do these Junk, Not Junk buttons do, other than move emails back and
forth from the folder Junk, if I have disabled all spam checking from
inside of Evolution Settings?

I have since, already figured out that the Junk / Not Junk buttons have
to do with teaching the spam filter and  not anything to do with
Trash :).

Thanks.

Carlos