Re: [Evolution] Re: Suggestions on how to work withEvolutionUI effectively?

You can define a view in the Vfolder to display that....

/A

sön 2005-03-06 klockan 16:50 -0500 skrev Michael R Head:
On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 13:26 +0000, Bryan Cole wrote:

One thing I do miss from thunderbird is a "next unread message, possibly
in any folder" or whatever it's called. It's so much easier than scanning
all my folders to find the emboldened ones.

Many such things can be address using Evo's Virtual Folders.

For example, I have one for "All Unread" items, one for "Todays
emails", one for a "Global Inbox" (the sum of about 4 inboxs from various
accounts) and one for all my "Group Emails".

Yes, I have a large number of such vFolders, but what I really want is
to see the new message in context with other messages of the same
folder along with the name of the folder. I receive hundreds of emails
a day on various mailing lists and to different accounts which are
sorted into a large number of folders. Dumping new messages back in to
a single viewing area drops a few extra bits of information.

Without knowing that folder (and possibly seeing other messages in
that folder), I often have to thing for a second or two to determine
to which mailing list or mail account a particular email in my New
Mail vFolder was sent. On top of that, it's easier to remember where a
message is if you see where it lives, which is key for future
retrieval.

BC

thanks for the tip, though.
mike

--
Michael R Head <burner suppressingfire org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt (ID 23A02B1F)