[Evolution] Re: Any suggested workarounds for yet one more interface quirk?

Still one more follow up....

If I tab down to the message content pane, one would think that the
focus is now on the message content pane and that key presses will
affect something in that pane.  Not so!

If I hit the delete key while "focused" in the message content pane the
message, in the message pane, gets deleted!!  And then where does the
focus go?  I am left, like the focus, in limbo.  Not exactly sure until
I hit another key and observer what Evolution does with it.

That's what I mean by a very confusing UI to Evolution.  There is no
real focus to the panes.  Some keys work in a particular pane when one
is "focused" on the pane. Some work in other panes that are "unfocused"
and it's all a mish mash of uncertainty for me.  Even after several days
of using Evolution!

I hope I am not the only one seeing this!

I'll have to fire up KMail and reconstruct how they did these kinds of
UI things.  It was very good and very user friendly in a way that I have
not found Evolution to be but which I am hoping it becomes :).

Carlos