Re: [Evolution] Can someone please tell me what Evolution isdoinghere?

Well, in a way it's initiated by Evo, since You probably sent the mail
out using Evo. The setting might also affect it (but thats a far cache).
But it's still another program that does the checking. Evo is just using
a component on Your PC to send mail (very different from a windows
machine that has both the send and receive mechanism in the same
program). Evo is just placing mail in the spool of Your local Sendmail
(or similar) to have it sent if thats what You told it in the server
settings tab.
What would happen if You just SU and say "Service sendmail stop" ?
Will the log entry go away or change??

/A