Re: [Evolution] Can someone please tell me what Evolution is doing here?

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 15:27 -0700, Evolution List wrote:
From previous posts to this list I now know that Evolution stays awake
so to speak and keeps downloading messages for me, even after I exit the
program.  But what I don't understand is what is is doing as seen in the
log entries below from my Linux system log file.  I have set evolution
to download mail every ten minutes.  If nothing else it certainly seems
to be doing that quite faithfully :).

Maybe I missed this, but why do you consider this so?  The mail
libraries are not like e-d-s, they are linked directly to the program.
If the program exits, no mail checking can be going on.

The output you pasted seems to be related to SMTP which is not something
Evolution would be grabbing mail from (SMTP listens on port 25).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.