Re: [Evolution] Suggestions on how to work with Evolution UI effectively?

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 05:36 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
Assuming Evolution starts focused on the folder pane how do you all
get
to the first unread message consistently such that it is highlighted
in
the message pane and the scroll bar moves down to it.

I do just what I do in Sylpheed and Outlook: click on the folder
I want, then click in the "list of messages" pane.

Pressing "." then brings me to the Next Unread Message.

Given that it's *really unlikely* that a folder name starts with a ".",
it would be reasonable to special-case typing a "." while in the folder
pane and just go straight to the Next Unread in the current folder, if
any. I'm always doing this by accident and finding myself staring at a
dialog(ue) box waiting for the rest of the folder name. Deeply annoying,
especially as I never select folders by typing their names.

I seem to remember filing a wishlist item about this some time ago.

poc