Re: [Evolution] Does Evolution retrieve email even when it is not being run??

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 19:13 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:

Having said that, it makes sense to have a background daemon... which
should be optional.  Especially when the alarm daemon takes 60MB of RAM,
and the data server takes over 70MB.  I suppose I can live with the
background process, but it shouldn't take that much memory to run a
simple alarm server.

No it shouldn't.

I remember a discussion a while ago about evolution's memory usage... is
this something already being addressed, or should I file a bug for it?

Also, it should be possible to --force-shutdown from a shell without
DISPLAY being set.  Should I file a bug for this, or is it by design?

There is already a bug, I contacted Ross Burton a couple of days ago
(our gnome slayer in eds) about making the killev tool not require a
display.  Evolution itself of course will always require an X display.

Excellent.  Thanks!

Raul