Re: [Evolution] Does Evolution retrieve email even when it is not being run??

Hi Raul,

Having said that, it makes sense to have a background daemon... which
should be optional.  Especially when the alarm daemon takes 60MB of RAM,
and the data server takes over 70MB.  I suppose I can live with the
background process, but it shouldn't take that much memory to run a
simple alarm server.

Wow!  I had no idea that these background processes started by Evolution
took up that much RAM!  That's not good at all, especially if one does
not have the option to tell Evolution to not run these processes after
it is shutdown.

It sounds like every time I want to free up this RAM I am going to have
to remember to go to a command prompt and force an --force-shutdown to
free up this RAM.  That's a bummer.

Not sure what the data server does but whatever it does there should be
some option within Evolution preferences to shut it down on exiting of
Evolution.  Just as there is under Microsoft Windows to not have a
program's icon show up on the Task Bar :).

Carlos