Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.0 + MailDir format

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 19:09 -0700, Evolution List wrote:
So can someone please clarify for me....

In the old 1.4x, it used to be so simple to change from a Maildir to a
Mbox format, just with a right click.

Not this way, in any forseeable timeframe.  The only practical way
will be to have an option when you first start up to select the global
storage format for all local folders, it wont be supported for
individual folders.  And there are no concrete plans for it even in
the global form.

If I create an account and instead of setting the account to POP for
receiving I set it to Maildir how can emails be retrieved under that
account (given that there are no POP settings in it)?

I mean how does one work with emails in Maildir format through Evolution
in a practical sense?

I have been trying and trying and dying to find out but have found
nothing on this anywhere even though Evolution is purported to support
Maildir.  I am asking because all my old email under KMail is in maildir
format and I would like to get it into Evolution.  Plus the fact that I
would prefer for my emails to be stored in Maildir format.

you could setup a second account for POP that delivered into those
maildir folders...

or... you could do the same that you would have done setting up the imap
server (presumably using a fetchmail daemon to fetch it and deliver it
into the maildir)

Jeff

Anybody?

Thanks.