Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.2 Start-up Crash and Problem Solving Process (Mac OS X)

Hi again,

I run the evolution with gdb but don't get anything
out of it:

---8<---------
(gdb) run
Starting program:
/Applications/Evolution.app/Contents/MacOS/applet
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done

Program exited normally.
(gdb) backtrace
No stack.
---8<---------

There are actually much more of those lines 'Reading
symbols for shared libraries . done'.

After Evolution closing itself I can still see the
following processes in the 'Activity Monitor'

---8<---------
455 X11
456 X11
461 quartz-wm
462 xterm
463 bash
465 bonobo-activatio
467 evolution-data-s
469 evolution-exchan
472 evolution-alarm-
---8<---------

So this is as far as I can get with my basic skills. I
also noticed that sometimes the application doesn't
close immediately but only when I try to select the
Inbox. I'm wondering that maybe the Inbox file could
be corrupted but this is just blind guess.

Can someone suggest what should be my next steps? I'd
also like to know if I can open my email files with
some another mail-application (such as thunderbird)
while I'm not able to use Evolution.

Thanks,

...toni

--- Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:

hi toni,

Am Donnerstag, den 23.06.2005, 06:04 -0700 schrieb
Toni Eliasz:
For some reason when I was moving files this
morning
the application crashed and unfortunately I
haven't
been able to re-launch it again. When trying to
re-launch Evolution it will crash almost
immediately.
Only processing that I can see is that the
application
is scanning the mail forders just before the
crash.

With my admin account I can still use Evolution so
suppose that the problem is in my user settings. I
wasn't able to find proper log-files or any kind
of
error messages (I might not know from where to
look at
those).

please take a look at "debugging evolution's
crashes" at
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml
to get a gdb stacktrace and post it here again, or
simply file a bug
report at http://bugzilla.gnome.org with the
stacktrace attached. :-)

thanks in advance,