Re: [Evolution] NNTP server set up

For NNTP, make sure you have no username set in the 'receiving mail' tab
of the account editor.

If it is empty, you may have to edit the account xml using gconf and
remove the "@" part of the source_url in the account, as a workaround.

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 17:29 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi;

My usenet installation keeps asking for a password to my
nntp.broadband.rogers.com news server, yet the server does not require a
password.  From Outlook the setup is NO to "Server requires me to log
on: ".

I have tried using Never, Whenever possible, and  Always for "Use secure
connection".  For the Sending Email I have tried both SMTP and Sendmail
for Server Type.  Nothing works.  'Pan' with FC3 did work so I shouldn't
have a linux rejection by rogers.com.

I am now using FC4, a clean install, and the same provider accounts as I
have been using for years.

All suggestions welcome.

Regards Bill