Re: [Evolution] errors in Welcome to the "evolution" mailing list

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 15:53 -0400, W Randolph Franklin wrote:

Here's an example of the sort of thing I need.   I created a signature.
When I tried to save it, I got a failure notice about a file not found.
The error did not say which file was not found (developers take note).
Grepping the evolution directory found no files mentioning 'sig'.
Googling several combos of words finally hit a message that sigs were
stored in .evolution/signatures/ .  Creating that dir solved the
problem.   However, it would have saved time to have been able to look
up where signatures are stored.

I agree, perhaps you should have got the message "file not found:
~/.evolution/signatures/blah" which then would have led you to `ls
~/.evolution/signatures/blah` to find the directory doesn't exist.

Perhaps you could file a bug report for the message to be changed
slightly?
--
Iain Buchanan <iaindb netspace net au>