Re: Gnome-Bounties - Conversations - Was [Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] proper threading headers]

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 18:50 +0200, guenther wrote:
Just wondering, has the evo team already had some people who's shown
interest in implementing Google's Summer of Code bounty for grouping
threads as conversations?

Hmm, isn't this like a vFolder on a particular message or sender,
including all local and remote folders as source (yes, including Sent),
setting Include Threads to "all related" and enabling threading?

it's like a vfolder on a thread, displaying all messages of the thread
one after another in *one* window, so i do not have to go to the next
message anymore, only have to scroll down. just time saving and a very
nice idea.
(/me knew it would make sense to get a gmail account for testing
purposes.)

Right, thanks Andre. :)  So it is different.

Anyway, it's a matter of taste and the length of the actual
"discussion". Having thousands and thousands of lines in one small
window with a tiny handle at the scrollbar doesn't necessarily make the
content clearly laid out. Like a random slashdot item... ;-)

Actually, I don't know about that. I only wish it to show both _my_ own
sent messages in the Inbox of that particular thread. (eg like a mailing
list where you see your own email in the thread)

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!