Re: [Evolution] Spellchecking on Evolution 2.0.1

hi chandana,

Am Mittwoch, den 01.06.2005, 13:03 +1000 schrieb Chandana De Silva:
I am running Evolution 2.0.1 on Suse Linux 9.2.

i'd recommend to update to 2.0.4 (although this has nothing to do with
your spell check issue :-).

I cannot enable spell checking as the dictionaries do not show up on
the Languages Window on Settings->Composer Prefrences-?Spell Checking.

I have confirmed that I have the following installed:
ispell-british-3.2.06-460
myspell-american-20040623-2
myspell-british-20040208-28
aspell-0.50.5-40.1
ispell-3.2.06-460
aspell-en-0.51.1-2.1
ispell-american-3.2.06-460
gnome-spell2-1.0.5-218.1

hmm... should be enough. evolution needs gnome-spell >= 1.0.x, aspell,
and aspell-xx (where xx is your locale, for example aspell-en for US
English or aspell-en-uk for British English). evolution does not use
myspell, so at the moment you only have the dictionary "US English"
installed.
since you're using the plural form ("the dictionaries"), what languages
are you exactly missing/expect to show up?
does at least one language (=english) show up in the list of evolution's
spell checking preferences?

you can also check gnome-enabled dictionaries by using gconf-editor. The
GConf key
  /GNOME/Spell/language
should contain a space-separated list of the languages you have enabled
(i.e. "en-US es" for US english and Spain).

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!