[Evolution] Need developers hint (to quickly fix bug)

I know there are several developers listening on this list,
now I've dowloaded the evolution 2.2.1.1 source (the
latest available at www.gnome.org).

The problem: Emacs keys only working in first composed message.

To correct the key behaviour I would need a hint which file
I need to start debugging. I suspect:
message-tag-followup.c
routine construct (MessageTagEditor *editor)
but I'm lost so far, as I'm not experienced with gtk.

Symptoms:
Start evolution, ask for "New",
editing keys working, i.e. they have emacs like behavior.
Discard the composer, ask for "New" again.
Now the editing keys are not working.
When pressing e.g. Ctrl-A I get select instead of beginning of line.

I need help, this need to be fixed. I actually like evolution,
but I just can't use it if the editing keys are not working.

        Best regards
        Roland