Re: [Evolution] Moving Data from 2.0.4 to 2.2.2

On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 14:20 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 10:07 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
1. the reason you need to shut it down is because gconfd stores the
settings in memory and it is impossible to make sure that all settings
have been synced to disk without shutting it down first.

As far as the destination machine goes, it needs to have gconfd shut
down because it will have any settings it knows about in memory and if
you replace the settings files while it is running, it won't recognise
that they have changed underneath it which may cause you much grief.

That's terrible.  So if my system crashes and burns, any gconf changes
are lost?

Any reason it can't sync to disk once in a while?

Valid point.  However, how often do you make such changes?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

I had a crush on Elisabeth Sladen