Re: [Evolution] threading help

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 10:54 +0100, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 17:35 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 10:00 +0100, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> > Hi there, I don't know who this is for but I just wanted to mention that
> > the word 'thread' or 'threading' can't be found in the help files.
> > Because evolution has this option in a different place from Kmail and
> > thunderbird it took me a while to find.
> view->threaded message list, couldn't be much more obvious?
> > Also, how can i teach evolution to ignore certain threads, and notify me
> > of new mails in threads i have collapsed?
> you can hide messages, like 'selected' ones, but that is all.
> > great program by-the-way
> >
> > Duncan

I agree that it's in a good place, but it's different from other
programmes and NOT mentioned in the help files. It's also an inherently
impossible string to search the net for.

Are you sure?

This is from the documentation source, in the 'getting and sending email' chapter:

   <section id="usage-mail-listorder">
    <title>Sorting the Message List</title>
    <para>To look at the complete headers for a message, click View &gt; Message Display &gt; Show Full Headers. To see all message data, click View &gt; Message Display &gt; Show E-Mail Source. </para>
    <para>You can also choose a threaded message view. Click View &gt; Threaded Message List to turn the threaded view on or off. When you select this option, Evolution groups the replies to a message with the original, so you can follow the thread of a conversation from one message to the next.</para>
    <informalfigure id="bs4aw7h">
     <mediaobject><imageobject><imagedata format="PNG" fileref="figures/mail-threaded.png"/></imageobject></mediaobject>

    </informalfigure>
   </section>

Who do I contact for documentation issues?

Please don't CC me, I'm on the list.

Please don't answer off list.
Duncan