Re: [Evolution] slow mail downloads

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 11:16 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
yes, it makes a big difference. If your POP server supports the UIDL
extension, we are able to use those ids rather than generating our own
by fetching the headers of each message and md5summing them.

we need unique ids so that we can avoid re-downloading messages.

Thank you for the education. For the record, I still don't know whether
my servers support UIDL or not. However, I switched distros from
Mandrake to Ubuntu and the problem went away.

== Ben