Re: [Evolution] can't access address book

You will need at least evolution 2.0.4 (i.e. not yet released, and cvs doesn't even have the patches yet) or evolution 2.1.3 for it to work very well on a 64 bit machine.  I only got an amd64 box last week to debug some of these issues.

It may be that the db file format changes between architetures too, in which case you may need to do more than just drop the .db file in - but it may not be an issue too.

As for your clearing .evolution, because we use this gconf/registry rubbish, you'll have to also clear the registry settings for the addressbook 'sources' to really clear the settings, that is why the old ones you created are still 'visible but not there'.