Re: [Evolution] Folder migration during upgrade

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm running Evol on Debian Sarge. Am I right in thinking that the
upgrade to 2.0.3 migrated ~/evolution to ~/.evolution?   I answered 'no'
when asked if I would like to remove the old folder and now find that
certain things like my signature files are still being accessed from
within the old ~/evolution folder

what else than your signatures?

Just my signatures I think... unless the disappearence of the 'Summary'
page is not intended?

evolution is now using both folders!

no, evolution2.0 only uses ~/.evolution for storage (and gconf keys for
some settings), but (okay you're right somehow) it seems to read the
signatures files from ~/evolution because the gconf key wasn't changed
(see below).

your signature files should be stored in ~/.evolution/signatures, you
can copy the text files from the old location in ~/evolution to
~/.evolution/signatures and then adjust the gconf key pointing to the
text file, which are stored in /apps/evolution/mail/signatures (use
gconf-editor for example to do this :-).

I can't find the gconf-key you mention using gconf-editor.  It's just
not there!  After copying the signature directory across, I  renamed
~/evolution to ~/evolution(disabled) and now I get the drop down list of
signatures as before, but they are all blank.  Clearly Evolution is
still looking for them in ~/evolution because of the gconf key value but
how can I change a key value that isn't there? :-/

Seb

--
CC me by all means but a follow-up will do.