[Evolution] Re: evolution digest, Vol 1 #1703 - 17 msgs

I have looked and looked all over the place in Evolution,
including under receive options and I have not found any 'apply filters
to incoming messages' so as to be able to deselect it?

That's because it doesn't exist, at least not in the manner you are thinking.

(preferences)/ Tools--> Settings--> Edit--> Choose Account-->
Receving-->Apply filters in new messages in INBOX for this server

Yes, that works to apply filters to existing messages, but I suspect what he
wants to be able to do is define a filter and have it NOT applied until he
applies it manually.

When you define a filter, you have the option of setting it or Incoming or
Outgoing mail only, there is no MANUAL option - something I have been
requesting for God-alone knows how long (I mean, if Kmail can do it...:-))

If you are using IMAP, you can disable the application of filters at the
server level, but if you are using a POP server that option is missing.