Re: [Evolution] Re: evolution digest, Vol 1 #1703 - 17 msgs

(preferences)/ Tools--> Settings--> Edit--> Choose Account-->
Receving-->Apply filters in new messages in INBOX for this server

Yes, that works to apply filters to existing messages, but I suspect what he
wants to be able to do is define a filter and have it NOT applied until he
applies it manually.

Precisely! I hope I am not confusing this message up with another one
but I think I originally posted it.  Though under a different subject
than Re: evolution digest, wherever that came from :).

When you define a filter, you have the option of setting it or Incoming or
Outgoing mail only, there is no MANUAL option - something I have been
requesting for God-alone knows how long (I mean, if Kmail can do it...:-))

Right on!  One of those little quirks of Evolution that I sorely miss
from my days with KMail.  It shouldn't be too hard for me to change the
source code to do that though once I figure my way around it.  One of
many quirks I hope to fix for my own and the use of my business
clients.

Carlos