Re: [Evolution] Missing contacts

Dave Smith <dave smith tstt net tt>
wrote:

I needed to re-install FC3 and so backed up my home directory, did a
clean re-install, moved my home directory back to its original location
and expected Evolution to pick up where it left off. This is Evolution
2.

Hi Dave,

I had a similar problem, but I caused it myself.  Because I had another Linux computer handy I "Copied" the home
directory across to that notebook so that I could repartition the desktop.  That done I copied it all back again and got the
surprise that perhaps has afflicted you.  Because I was in haste I did not tar the /home/andrew directory, as a consequence the
.evolution folder was not included in my "backup" and of course had nothing in it after starting Evo again as it just
wrote a new (empty) one.  Perhaps you still have a copy of an evolution folder from 1.4.6 kicking around that will give you most
of your contacts

Hope so

Andrew