[Evolution] Missing contacts

I needed to re-install FC3 and so backed up my home directory, did a
clean re-install, moved my home directory back to its original location
and expected Evolution to pick up where it left off. This is Evolution
2.

Although I got most of the information back, those contacts that were in
a sub folder did not appear. I've looked through .evolution and copied
back individual files but to no avail.

Does anyone know what has gone wrong here and, more importantly, how I
might be able to get back these lost contacts?

Where does Evolution these files?

Thanks

Dave