Re: [Evolution] Using Evolution from the command line.

At 14:36 13/02/05, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 12:24 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

>Evo is such a heavy app, why not use something lighter, like mail,
>mutt or pine?

Yes, I'd agree.  That's what I'd look to do if I had a free hand.

The problem is that the computer in question is 600 miles
away (including a ferry crossing) and in the care of my non-geek brother,
connected via a French (speaking) ISP.
The default settings on the system don't seem to allow mail to send to
external addresses but I know that Evolution works.

So if I can use Evolution, I've less to set up remotely. :-)

If you just want to send mail from another app (say a Shell script) then
SendEmail works well. You can set up Subject, attachments etc. in the
command line:

http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/

poc

Now this *does* look like the ideal thing. I've downloaded it, and will experiment to see how easy it is to set up. If it is a trivial job, then I may well give it a try.

Thanks to all for responses.

Neil