Re: [Evolution] background email filtering

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 05:09 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 18:58 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> Well, not very easily:
>
>      1. You could setup a script which ran the dummy X server, Xvfb,
>         then run up an evolution instance running in that which
>         checked the mail.
>      2. You could write a script/program which talked to the mail
>         component via CORBA.  Activated it, and then called
>         sendAndReceive on it.  That would probably still need a
>         (dummy) X server.

Scriptable Evo would be useful, though.  Maybe for v2.6?
Still not going to help much, it still needs the front-end running to do any processing.

You'd have to move a mail server into e-d-s, at the very least.  But that adds a mountain of code complexity which will be hard to write, and probably hit performance and memory usage pretty badly (we've discussed ideas for doing this, but it isn't very easy, we can't do what the addressbook does and just copy whole addressbooks around in memory for email).