[Evolution] background email filtering

Hi,

Is it possible to run evolution to download and filter emails from a cron
job?

When I startup Evo in the mornings, all my unfiltered new mail appears in
the Inbox (most of which is spam / mailing list stuff). I must them wait
for a few minutes while Evo filters the mail, in order to get to the
relevant stuff. I'd like to filter mail automatically every 30 mins say,
so that when I log in, I don't have a huge backlog awaiting processing.

N.B. Don't bother telling me to use fetchmail/procmail/sieve/etc.. I'm
stuck with an exchange server without server-side filtering options.

cheers,
Bryan