[Evolution] Re: Synching Evolution

Hi Craig and Paul,

Thanks for the link. I have tried all of these rules and permissions additions in /etc/udev, but I am still unable to sync Evolution. Pilot-xfer works OK and JPilot is stunning - as they were before the additions.

Novell, Suse, Ximian are really business centric, and I am impressed with the forward thrust of their enterprise, and with their commitment to excellence, but for all of that to be hijacked by a small thing like Pilot Synchronisation, is amazing. It may be considered a small thing by the execs, but tell that to a Road Warrior who lives off his Pilot, and duck for cover. Synchronisation should be a minor event, it should "just work" every time. Wondering "Shall I end up with duplicates, again?" or "Hope it works" are not business thoughts. Multisync, has I am told made some progress with PocketPC and Opie/Zaurus, but I have found it hard to compile, so I am glad I do not have an iPaq or a Zaurus at the moment.

Business users are becoming increasingly mobile, and data synchronisation is a must. So the question remains, what does JPilot have, that Evolution-Pilot does not? And how soon can we get it?

Mandrake 10.1 Duron 1.3Ghz, 512 RAM

Andrew Greig