[Evolution] Problem connecting to a newsgroup server...

I have been trying to get Evolution to handle my news groups, since I
recently discovered that Evolution has that ability. I am able to
connect to the news server with a slew of other clients like KNode and
Thunderbird. However, when I try to subscribe to folders in Evolution, I
get the following error:

Error while performing operation.

Error retrieving newsgroups:

281 Ok.

The server is password protected and Evolution still has not prompted me
to enter my password, so that might be the problem. Anyway, I'd
appreciate any help I can get to get it working... I'd like to be able
to stop using a second client for news.

Thanks,
Ken Keefe