Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0.3 and Default URL Handler :: SuSE 9.2 :: Update**

It turns out that the problem is related ONLY to Novell's Cool Solutions
emails.. Very odd.. Infact if I click the links on the bottom of the
page, it works..

If I mouse over the "whats new" links it says.. Click to open #1, click
to open #2, etc..

if you go down the page and click a normal link, like one to novell's
patches and files, it works and when you mouse over it, it says "click
to open "http://www.novell...";

Any reason I would not be able to open these novell emails, perhaps they
are using some script to push the links?

I attached the email in question

--Charles

--- Begin Message ---
Title: Novell Cool Solutions
Welcome to this weekly edition of
GROUPWISE COOL SOLUTIONS
shameless plugs
Messaging Architects

Ensure GroupWise Email Regulatory Compliance

Solve the problems of email regulatory compliance with GWArchive:

- Satisfy regulatory obligations (HIPAA, SOX, SEC17a...)

- Reduce your corporate and IT risks and responsibilities

- Easily search & retrieve archived messages

- Proactively manage the growing volume of email storage

Download Pre-Recorded Videos or Live Trial here.

Redline

Redline - the number one GroupWise monitoring and reporting tool

Make sure to keep your GroupWise system in the green by relying on Redline.

Download a free evaluation of Redline at www.gwava.com/redline

or call (866) GO-GWAVA.

technical services
New GroupWise TIDs

Click here for a current list of GroupWise TIDs.
GroupWise Reliability Study: Take a survey, win an iPod
BrainStorm Cool Tip: Filtering Discussion Threads
Formativ Applet: Attachment Checker Solution
Using a Different Browser for Embedded Links in Email
Cool Tool: GWBiz::Control
New GroupWise Tips and Tools
New Product Updates - (patches and files)
Submit a Tip
Q & A
Heads Up
Surveys
Training Opportunities
GroupWise Reliability Study: Take a survey, win an iPod

To celebrate the upcoming Sequoia release, we thought it would be cool to find out what your experiences are with GroupWise today. Take this survey, and we'll enter you in a drawing for an Apple iPod (40GB). What are you waiting for?

BrainStorm Cool Tip: Filtering Discussion Threads

When you use discussion threads, some of the threads may just not be pertinent for you. Read this week's BrainStorm Cool tip for instructions on how to filter these threads so they won't show up in your window.

Formativ Applet: Attachment Checker Solution

Have you ever sent an email message to someone without that important file you stated was attached? The Attachment Checker is a free solution from Advansys which will help avoid those embarrassing and potentially costly omissions. Download it here!

Using a Different Browser for Embedded Links in Email

Brian Cooper shares his solution on how to make Firefox the default browser that opens when clicking on web links in GroupWise email.

Cool Tool: GWBiz::Control

GWBiz::Control let's you distribute proxy rights and set network/local archive paths - easily. Download a trial version here.

New GroupWise Tips and Tools

We've received some excellent GroupWise tips and free tools over the last few months. If you're looking for a solution to a problem, check here for the latest tips. These tips and tools range from basic to advanced, submitted by other GroupWise users like you.

New Product Updates - (patches and files)

New updates are available. Here is a current list of the latest patches and files for GroupWise and WebAccess.

Submit a Tip

Share your experiences using Novell GroupWise. Just send us an article or tip about using (or installing, deploying, troubleshooting, etc.) GroupWise, and if it looks like something we can use, we'll send you a Novell t-shirt, post your article, and make you famous beyond your tamest dreams.

Q & A

Here's a fresh batch of answers to questions written by real system admins like you. Get your answers here!

heads up

New to Linux? Join the Club
If you've been wanting to try Linux but don't know where to start, we've got good news. Cool Solutions has a special area just for you where you can dip your toes in the Linux water, ask "Dumb Questions" that you're too shy to ask your IT guys, and get introduced to the world of open source (aka Free Stuff that you used to have to pay for). Check it out.

Beta Testers wanted for Novell Client for Linux
Deploying Linux for the first time—whether on the desktop or on the server—doesn't need to be a foreign undertaking. The familiarity of the Novell experience is preserved when you use Novell Client for Linux. Novell Client for Linux is looking to you to test our latest release. In return for your time and commitment—the early look, free technical support, and the resulting knowledge you gain with this beta will undoubtedly benefit your site as you later roll this product out into your production environment.

Beta Testers wanted for Novell ZENworks Linux Management
Looking for a comprehensive Linux management solution that eliminates IT effort by dramatically reducing the required overhead needed to manage Linux systems? Novell ZENworks Linux Management is looking to you to test our latest beta release. In return for your time and commitment—the early look, free technical support, and the resulting knowledge you gain with this beta will undoubtedly benefit your site as you later roll this product out into your production environment.

Beta Testers wanted for Novell iFolder 3.0 on Open Enterprise Server Linux
Not only can you now have more than one iFolder on your desktop, you can now share them with other users in your enterprise. Novell iFolder is looking to you to test our latest release. In return for your time and commitment—the early look, free technical support, and the resulting knowledge you gain with this beta will undoubtedly benefit your site as you later roll this product out into your production environment.

Celebrate Cool Solutions' 8th Anniversary: Nominations Open for People's Choice Award
We decided that the best way to celebrate our first eight years was to honor the folks who wrote the stuff that makes us famous. Therefore, we are holding the first annual Cool Solutions People's Choice Awards program. Come nominate your favorite Cool Tools and Articles for a special limited-edition t-shirt and a chance at a very cool prize.

surveys

Shuffle Over Here -- Take a Survey
We know what WE mean when we say things like "infrastructure software" and "stack," but the big question is, what do YOU think it means? Take this survey, and we'll enter you in a drawing for three of those snazzy new 1GB iPod Shuffles. What are you waiting for?

Take a Survey - Win a Cybertool
We're interested to know how you feel about Open Enterprise Server. Take a couple of minutes to fill out this short survey, and we'll enter you in a drawing for three Swiss Army cybertools. Best use of five minutes we've seen in a long time...

training opportunities

Novell & HP Expanding Choice Seminar
Please join Novell and HP to see how Novell Open Enterprise Server integrates the choice and flexibility of open source software with the power and reliability of proven networking software.

Want the best of Linux and NetWare?
Join Novell at the "Expanding Choice" Web Seminar Series and learn how Novell Open Enterprise Server can help you bring Linux into your enterprise environment. Novell Open Enterprise Server, the newest network services platform from Novell, brings together the very best of Linux (SUSE LINUX) and NetWare in one highly integrated package. This is a four-part web seminar series with the first seminar starting on Tuesday January 25th.

Newsletter Information
You are subscribed to gwmaglist list with the email address charles tntscg com
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to leave-gwmaglist-29692368L list novell com.
To subscribe to other email newsletters from Novell, click here.

Copyright © 2005 Novell, Inc. All Rights Reserved

--- End Message ---